Welcome
Welcome to nadyasuleman

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

300 Sandwiches

A place to post your favorite recipes! THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM!
Forum rules
Recipes only, behave yourselves and enjoy!

300 Sandwiches

Postby areyouforsure » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:26 pm

I just saw this on twitter, and followed it to the woman's blog. Even if you don't like her story (her boyfriend told her she has to make him 300 sandwiches before he'll propose- instead of telling him to hit the road, she's doing it) I think you'll like her sandwiches!

http://300sandwiches.com/
That woman's head bobbles more than a goldfish snapping fish food off the top of the water. ~ OMG
areyouforsure

Re: 300 Sandwiches

Postby Bluebonnet » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 pm

The concept put me off too. Fix me food, woman, or I won't marry you! Arrrggghhh ... I'd tell him a thing or two!

However, on the blog she says he is a great cook himself and often fixes their dinner, so it's not one-sided. She describes herself as a "foodie," so she enjoys cooking and being creative with the sandwiches. She didn't say she had to fix 300 DIFFERENT kinds of sandwiches, but it looks like that's what she's doing. Quite a big project!

Read the comments on the "About" section of her blog: somebody submitted a recipe for a sandwich with peanut butter, sweet chili sauce (there is such a thing as "sweet" chili sauce? Yuck!), beetroot jam, and a fried egg, among other ingredients. :shock: It sounded horrible. I don't think I'd want to try that one.
Bluebonnet

Re: 300 Sandwiches

Postby Southern Belle » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Sounds a little like Julia and Julie the book and movie about a woman cooking everything in Julia Childs French Cookbook.. I don't really remember if that's the correct title's of either the movie or JC Cookbook.
Southern Belle

Return to GOOD HOME COOKING RECIPES!